Favors is a Volunteer “club” for families who want to engage, involve, and educate their children in the concept of “doing good”. It’s for any family that wants to give back to our amazing community in a way that is easy, organic, and fits with your family’s busy lifestyle. Membership is open — if you want to join, just ask!
We hope to achieve the following:
* Find a way for children to come together with their parents to understand family, community, and the needs of others.
* Impart to our children ways to care about others and perhaps in the meantime help them understand how fortunate they are themselves.
* Each member family picks a certain Sunday as theirs — they decide the project and organize it. When it’s your Sunday, you pick the project we are working on for the day. It’ll end up being one Sunday a year, maybe less!
* Projects are held on Sundays — from approximately 1 to 3pm. Attendance is NOT mandatory at every event, members just RSVP ahead of time whether they will attend or not.
* Your project can be as simple as writing notes to soldiers abroad and sending care packages, stuffing envelopes for a local organization, or clearing a trail.
Since our first event in December 2009, we have helped the non-profits below with all manner of projects — from trail clearings to sorting donated clothes to painting projects to Valentine’s Day parties to making cat toys or writing notes to soldiers. We’ve gotten our hands dirty, created gardens out of nothing, purposefully lost plenty of games of connect four and in general made smiles. Our smiles, those of patients, and those of thankful non-profit staff who always appreciate the helping hand.
Semper Fi Parents of the Hudson Valley
Northern Westchester Hospital
Friends of Karen
Wolf Conservation Center
The Sharing Shelf
Blythedale Children’s Hospital
The Children’s Center at Bedford Hills Women’s Correctional Facility
Pound Ridge Senior Association
Mianus River Gorge
Westchester ARC, men’s house
Westchester Land Trust
Mt Kisco Clean up
Give 2 the troops
Rosary Hill Home
For more information or to “sign up” email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914.523.1352.